Thursday, August 18, 2011

White Chocolate Walnut Blondies with Maple Cream Sauce



I discovered this recipe at Tasty Kitchen. Apparently in the U.S. this is a particular favourite in a certain restaurant chain. In Australia I have no knowledge of this but various comments enticed me to try it. I am not actually a fan of white chocolate or blondies for that matter. Give me a dark luscious brownie any time!

 But these are sensational! 

Sightly adapted by reducing the flour the result is a dense, cakey and sweet blondie. Perfectly teamed with the Maple Cream Sauce and vanilla icecream.






Blondie Ingredients
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
10 Tbsp's/140g butter, melted
2 cups brown sugar
2 whole eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips



Sauce Ingredients
2 Tbsp's unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
6 Tbsp's real maple syrup
2 Tbsp's light corn syrup



Blondie Directions
Preheat oven 180C/350F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan or line with baking paper. Sift flour salt bkaing powder and baking soda.
In a large mixing bowl. combine butter and brown sugar, add in eggs and vanilla.
Slowly add in flour mixture. Stir slowly and don't overmix. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven 25-30 minutes. Cut into squares.





Maple Cream Sauce Directions
Melt butter in a saucepan. Add the cream, maple syrup and corn syrup. Lower heat slightly and allow mixture to come to a gently simmer. Be sure to stay close to the stove to monitor the heat as it can boil over. Once the mixture comes to a gentle simmer cook for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally until the sauce reduces by 1/3 and has slightly thickened.


Now take a square of White Chocolate Walnut Blondie, top with good vanilla icecream and pour over a generous amount of Maple Cream Sauce.

Oh wow - HEAVENLY!


17 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

That looks so tempting! Blonedie alone already made my mouth water...and with the ice cream atop..just divine!

spontaneous-euphoria said...

wow that blondie looks so fudgy and delicious! I'm sure the white chocolate chips in them must make it divine!

For the past few days I've been daydreaming of making just this, except with brownies.. although I should try blondies!

Ellie said...

OMG...I want that right now!! I love a good blondie but with that maple cream sauce, this has to be fantastic :)

Chele said...

The only thing I can say is BOOK MARKED!

Claudia said...

I live in the USA and have never heard of it - but oh my - now that I have - I so want to try it. Gorgeous, tempting photos.

Barbara Bakes said...

Oh my! That does look heavenly!

shaz said...

I'm not really a fan of blondies either Marcellina, but these look amazing! I have to give it a go soon. Yum.

Renuka said...

I love blondies....my fav....but you have taken it to the next level...wow, I must try it out soon. Thanks for posting it.

crumbsoflove said...

Looks really delicious. How about just a big bowl of the maple cream sauce?....

Marcella said...

Ciao Marcy! Si mi sono divertita n mondo in Sicilia! Spero di ritornarci! Questo dolcetto è golosissimo! WUAU! Da farci un sol boccone!
Kisses!!!

The Food Mentalist said...

Delicious sticky heaven!

Dolly said...

OH GOD.. this looks deadly ..but oh.. i can sense happiness in my grumbly tummy!!!

Caroline B. said...

Wow! It is a treasure of gluttony that I plan to test soon (my next crisis brownies) I have never eaten blondies, it's time for me to discover them. Caro

Ciao Chow Linda said...

I'm more of a dark chocolate brownie fan, but I have to admit, this looks pretty tempting too. Re:pisarei - So glad you discovered another Piacentine recipe to link you to your Dad, Marcellina.

tori said...

Oh my word, that looks dangerously good. And the drips! Your photos are spectacular.

Pavithra said...

Wow wow wow..absolutely yummy :) Well done on the challenge

Catalina said...

I have to say WOW! It looks so yummy :) I've not eaten blondies yet, but if it tastes as good as brownies I may become a big blondie lover :D Anyway, with this huge scoop of ice cream and luscious maple cream it is simply irresistible!