Friday, December 31, 2010

Pina Colada to welcome in 2011 Tropical Style!


Here in tropical Northern Australia, the sky's are cloudy and the rain teems down intermittently so the only way to welcome in the New Year is with a Pina Colada! Tonight as we sip our Pina Coladas, we can think of more sunny times ahead which 2011 is sure to bring. 

As this is my last post for 2010 I would like to thank all my readers, who have become dear friends over the year or so of my commencing this blog, for taking time to read and comment on various posts. Thank you for your interest. From you all I have learnt so much in not only in the cooking world but of friendship, values and traditions. May you all be blessed in 2011 with joy, laughter and love.

Now you must try my Pina Colada. It's not too late for tonight. My recipe is great because you can make it in advance and pour it into a jug. It will probably serve about 10. You just need a few ingredients.

Pina Colada

250g fresh pineapple chunks, pureed in the blender
5 cups pineapple juice ( I used sweetened - it's up to you) 
270ml  coconut cream
1 x 50g sachet of coconut milk powder (to give an extra kick of coconut flavour - you could use essence or Malibu)
1 1/4 cups white rum

Mix all the ingredients well using the blender. Pour into a jug. Refrigerate until cold. Serve over  ice.
Enjoy Pina Coladas and don't get caught in the rain! ( I couldn't resist - love that song!)
 

15 comments:

Claudia said...

Snow and sleet expected tonight so your pina colada looks mighty fine. May 2011 bring you all good things!

Tracy said...

Happy New Year! This looks delicious, what a great way to begin the new year. :)

trissalicious.com said...

How I wish I read this post earlier... Pina Colada sounds fantastic even in Sydney where it was blistering hot yesterday! Not a problem though as I am sure there will be more opportunities in the next few months to try this. Hope you have a great new year and not too affected by the floods!

Diana's Cocina said...

I adore Pina Colada ~ It is one of my favorites ~ Lovely blog, Happy new year!

Brownieville Girl said...

Now that's starting 2011 in style - hope it continues like that!!!

Ciao Chow Linda said...

I've always loved pina coladas, but reserved them for summer. Would you make this for me if come to Australia?

Lisa said...

I love this New Year greeting, marcellina! A tropical greeting after all the cold and snow we've had the Northeast US! Happy New Year to you too!! I love me a pina coloada, so I think I'll be popping in :)

Anita said...

Yum! I hope you had a fantastic New Year! I hope you are ok up there in Queensland! Are you affected by the floods at all??

EliFla said...

HAppy new year to you...Buon anno nuovo...I love Virgin Colada.... and I'm happy to be your 50th follower.... baci dall'Italia, ciao Flavia

Mary said...

I hope the new year brings you a full measure of health and happiness. I love pina coladas and this one sounds fantastic. I've bookmarked the recipe for next summer. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Marcella said...

HALLO!!!!!
Ciao Marcy che bello incontrarsi!! E' assurdo!!
Da oggi non perderò di vista la mia sorella australiana!! Ma i tuoi genitori italiani di dove??
a oggi dovrò imparare un pò di inglese in più!Ti abbraccio!
Ciao Marcellina
Marcella

Marcella said...

E' vero è proprio una bella sorpresa! Sai che molto probabilmente il mio viaggio di nozze lo farò proprio in Australia?? Ti vengo a trovare!!!
Baci e buona giornata!

Susan: My Food Obsession said...

Sounds like a pretty good way to welcome the New Year to me!

Pina Coladas are great.

Not Quite Nigella said...

Happy New Year! What a lovely way to celebrate, I do love pina coladas-they always remind me of tropical holidays :D

notoriousexperiments said...

great way to celebrate! I love pina coladas, and will be trying this out!