Saturday, October 16, 2010

Week 3 of Twelve Weeks of Christmas Cookies - Coffee Snaps


Hasn't this week just flown by! Here we are at week 3 of Twelve Weeks of Christmas Cookies. I decided to share with you one of mine and my family's favourite cookie - The Coffee Snap! With an intense coffee flavour and satisfying crunch these cookies are bound to become your favourites too! They keep well in an airtight container or even in the freezer ready to welcome an unexpected guest.

Coffee Snaps

125g butter
250g brown sugar
3 teaspoons ground coffee beans
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
110g self raising flour
110g all purpose flour
approx 70 coffee beans for decoration

Preheat oven to 170C. Beat butter, sugar, coffee and extract with electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the egg, beat until just combined.  Stir in sifted flours. Roll small teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Place 3 cm about on baking paper lined oven trays. Top each with a coffee bean. They may seem small but remember they will spread during baking.  


Bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned.  Stand for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.

This recipe make about 70 cookies!




Week 3 Twelve Weeks of Christmas:




16 comments:

Lisa said...

These cookies look so pretty especially with that coffee bean touch on top.

Beth said...

I love big-batch cookie recipes! This one is great, because it's a little different from any of my other cookies.

Sportsgirl said...

I love that little bean on top too. very cute!

catalinabakes said...

I'm so glad for all these Christmas cookie recipes, because I've tried to find some good new tested recipes to try out for this year's Christmas and I think I've found them :) I'll definitely try these coffee snaps!

Pam said...

These look fabulous! I love the bean on top! Thanks for sharing these!

Steph said...

Ooh! I must try these immediately!

Angie's Recipes said...

Love these coffee flavoured cookies, and the bean atop is a nice touch.

Angie

natalia said...

How wonderful ! I love this coffee cookie !

Linda V @ Bubble and Sweet said...

So jealous, I wanted to participate in this and just couldn't get my act into gear. Coffee cookies sound delicious!

shaz said...

Gotta love a cookie that can be frozen, and can be baked in such a big batch, and looks so good at the same time. No wonder they're a family favourite. Looking forward to next week Marcellina :)

amanda @ fake ginger said...

I definitely squealed "I LOVE THOSE" when I realized that was a coffee bean on top! So stinkin' cute. I cannoy wait to try these!

Avril said...

Oh my I am loving the looks and description of these cookies!!!!

Sue said...

They look so perfectly uniform! Love the coffee bean decoration:)

Chef Dennis said...

I am loving this twelve weeks of Christmas, all these wonderful cookies!! your coffee snap looks delicious!

Barbara Bakes said...

I love how you decorate your plate with the star ribbon. So festive!

El said...

I have to make a dessert table this Christmas so I really appreciate this list. Thank you!