Saturday, January 23, 2010

Passing on a blog award

Happy New Year! I know, I'm late.

Excuse #1: Computer troubles - can't be helped!

Excuse #2: My family and I have had a wonderful week away soaking up the sun and enjoying the Great Barrier Reef - much needed!

Now I'm back and have lots of ideas for recipes and look forward to enjoying my favourite food bloggers' recipes and discover new ones. But before I begin I am thrilled to pass on a blog award I received at the end of December.





To be truthful, I'm new to the food blogging world and didn't even know about awards! I started writing a food blog really only to post by Daring Bakers challenges but have found that I love sharing the food I cook. Having readers follow my blog seems incredible! So I was surprised but so honoured when one of my favourite food bloggers, Jill from Jillicious Discoveries presented this award to me! Thank you sooo much, Jill. I am humbled to receive an award from you. Jill is a master at creating the most wonderful desserts and I love her blog.

This award came with some fun instructions:

1) Post the award on your blog. Present this award to seven others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.

2) Tell those seven people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP, inform them of these guidelines, and ask that they link back to you.

3) Share TEN HONEST THINGS about yourself.

Presenting to seven others whose blogs I find brilliant or who have encouraged me is not difficult there are so many. Here goes:

Julie at Willow Bird Baking (I love this blog for her recipes and the way Julie writes - I want to eat everything)

Ago at Pane, burro e marmellata (connects me with my Italian heritage - great food!)

Anita at Leave Room for Dessert (the blog title says it all)

Laura at Broxholm Road ( I have been following Laura for a little while and love what she does)

Susan at Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy (Love the layout and feel of this blog)

Trissa at Trissalicious (Great food and great ideas)

Audax at Audax Artifex (This guy has amazing knowledge regarding all things food)


Now the hard part - coming up with ten honest things about myself. These sort of questions have always been difficult for me but I'll have a go without thinking about it too much.

1. I love the colour red. I love everything red - clothes, cars, crockery, accessories, you name it. I just love red!

2. I love to read cookbooks particularly in bed or while munching on my breakfast much like others read the newspaper.

3. Speaking about reading, I have to read before I fall asleep even if it's really late.


4. While I like holidays I'm really a homebody. I look forward to coming home after holidays away.


5. I won't waste calories on food that simply isn't delicious! But on the other hand if the food is fabulous I just can't stop eating.

6. We don't have great distinctions between seasons. Basically just hot and wet or cold (ok, maybe cool is a better word) and dry but I really do look forward to the cool, dry weather after months of rain. And then after the dry winter I'm looking forward some heat and rain.


7. I can't stand ice in my drinks. I know it sounds strange living in the hot tropics and all but it dilutes your drink and if the ice is old it makes the drink taste funny.

8. And probably following on from #7, I only drink tap water not chilled and I have done so all my life.

9. I do the whole beauty routine morning and night without fail - cleanser, toner, day cream, night cream, eye cream etc.....I can't help it..... it has become such a habit.

10. I hate ironing and will put it off indefinately.


Whew, that's it. That really had me thinking!


Once again thank you Jill. I am still amazed and thrilled to be awarded by you!

8 comments:

Ago said...

Hiii dear friend! :-D Thank you so much to have thought of me :-D
I hope to write about me soon, but you have to wait a little bit ;-P
Thank you so so so much!!!!
Big Kisses
Ago :-D

Audax said...

Thank you so much for the award that is so kind and sweet of you to think of me <3 <3 <3. You are so gracious. And I looked over your blog and the cannoli looks amazing you really are a talented baker. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

willowbirdbaking said...

Thank you so much, Marcellina!!!! That's so, so sweet of you! You made my day :D

trissalicious said...

I was wondering where you would "be back"! Nice to see you again and thank you very much for the award and kind words! And also, nice to read your answers - it's always great when I find out more about my fellow bloggers!

Broxholm Road said...

Thank you so much Marcellina, so sweet.. Grazie mille :-)

Anita said...

Congrats on the award, you deserve it! Thanks so much for the award. I also tend too read recipe magazines or books while eating breakfast. I like the idea of not wasting calories on food that just isn't gorgeous too.

Jill @ Jillicious Discoveries said...

You are so VERY WELCOME and I'm looking forward to this year and what you come up with to share. :)
By the way, I'm a sucker for things that are a deep, shiny red! :)

shaz said...

Congrats on the award MArcellina, you certainly deserve it. Some of the other blogs are familiar but not all of them, so will definitely check them out. And love your honest answers - I absolutely hate ironing too, most of my clothes are of the non-iron variety :)